2017-18 FAFSA / California Aid Application Completion Goals
- Increase FAFSA / California Aid application completions up to 72% (a 10% point increase over 2016) among graduating high school seniors.
“Free Money for College!” – Battle of the High Schools Contest Rules
- High schools in the Coachella Valley Unified School District, Desert Sands Unified School District and Palm Springs Unified School District compete in their respective categories for the honor of being the school with the highest FAFSA / California Aid application completion rates in their district and regionally. The categories and cash prizes for the competition are as follows:
- Large High Schools ($3000)
- Small / Private School ($1000)
- Alternative School ($1000)
Cash prizes will be used by the winning high schools for a senior event(s), such as Prom, Grad Night or related activities. In addition, the large high school with the highest overall FAFSA / California Aid application completion rate in the region will get an extra $1,000 cash prize and will become the winner of the “Free Money for College!” - Battle of the High Schools traveling trophy.
For more information regarding the "Free Money for College!" - Battle of the High Schools Competition or for assistance with the completion of the FAFSA or California Aid applications, please contact CVEP at 760-340-1575.
Past Winners of the FAFSA / California Aid Battle of the High Schools Competition
2012 Regional Winner: Indio High School
2013 Regional Winner: La Quinta High School
2014 Regional Winner: Cathedral City High School